While offering the best price, Purely Cremations still provides families and clients an excellent funeral service in Nelson and Richmond.
Our first priority is always the needs of the family with the service we provide.
How things tend to work
Although families do not need to contact us before the death many do to better understand what needs to happen. Many have found this very helpful. One reason is because we make the process very simple and stress free.
- Usually what happens is that after the person has died the family or rest home or doctor contact us. We then make a time to meet with the family.
- We go through all the necessary paperwork with the family, which usually takes only a few minutes. This may include making a time with the crematorium operator for the cremation and deciding if the family wish to come to the chapel or not.
- Once the paperwork is completed we it to be processed by Nelson City Council and then we get the permission to cremate.
- Depending on the time of day we will take the body directly to the crematorium. Otherwise this will usually be done the next morning. If the family want the person to stay in their home until the cremation we are able to help with this.
- As mentioned, the family are very welcome to come along to the crematorium.
- If the family wish to have a short committal service at the crematorium we can do this at no extra cost to the family.
- Purely Cremations will personally return the ashes to the family the next day.
Although this is a simple funeral service it has been very poignant and meaningful for many families. We pride ourselves on being professional, supportive and meeting the family’s needs. Our hope is that our service will allow people to remember their loved one, support each other and celebrate their memories.
Please note that if a full service is wanted at the crematorium there is a charge of $250.00 to the crematorium. This can be arranged when we first contact the crematorium operator.